Ville de Longueuil offers free RTL travel during off-peak hours for clients age 65 and over
In collaboration with the Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL), Ville de Longueuil is offering residents age 65 and over access to the Accès 65 HORS POINTE program, which allows members to travel for free by bus during off-peak hours, i.e., from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and from 6:30 p.m. until the end of service, as well as on weekends and statutory holidays.
Three times a year*, an RTL booth located at the payment counter at Longueuil City Hall is made available to residents age 65 and over eligible for the Accès 65 HORS POINTE program. This booth is usually open two weeks before each renewal period of the program.
*since 2016, unlike previous years where the kiosk was open four times during the year.
Points of service
Ticket office at Longueuil terminal
Open 7 days a week, between 5:30 a.m. and midnight, it is located in wing A of the Longueuil terminal, at 120 Place Charles-Le Moyne, just steps from the Longueuil–Université-de-Sherbrooke metro station.
RTL booth at Ville de Longueuil City Hall
Open exclusively during certain times of the year. For the May 1 to July 31, 2017 renewal period, the booth will be open from April 18 to May 1, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 12pm and from 1:15pm to 4:30pm. The booth is located at City Hall's tax counter, at 4250 chemin de la Savane, Longueuil.
Downtown terminal (Montréal) metropolitan ticket office
Open from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., the terminal is located at 1000 rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, in Montréal.
All Longueuil residents age 65 and over who wish to travel for free on RTL buses during off peak hours can do so by purchasing an Accès 65 HORS POINTE transit pass. This transit pass is offered by Ville de Longueuil to its citizens for an annual fee of $5.
Paratransit users who wish to take advantage of free transit should contact RTL at 450 670 2992.
- If you do not have a reduced rate Opus photo card, you must first purchase one for $15. It is available at the RTL booth at City Hall (during the times mentioned above), and at all times at the ticket offices at the Longueuil and Downtown (Montréal) terminals.
Make sure to have on hand:
- the completed Application for Opus photo card form, available on site or online here
- a valid photo ID (driver's license or health insurance card)
- $15 (cash only at the RTL booth at Longueuil City Hall)
- You must then obtain the Accès 65 HORS POINTE pass. Go to the RTL booth at Longueuil City Hall (during the times mentioned above), or the ticket offices at the Longueuil and Downtown (Montréal) terminals.
Make sure to have on hand:
- your reduced rate Opus photo card
- the completed application form, available on site or online here (in French only)
- a valid photo ID (driver's license, health insurance card, or passport)
- proof of residency (tax bill, phone bill, etc.)
Ask for the RTL Accès 65 HORS POINTE pass at the counter; it will be added to your Opus card.
A few tips to make your travel experience more pleasant
For trips taken during peak hours, remember to add individual transit fares to your Opus card in order to benefit from the reduced fare of $11 for 6 tickets. You can do this at an RTL point of sale. Otherwise, you can pay cash on the bus at the regular fare of $3.25. The driver does not give change, so have the exact change. Fares paid in cash do not include transfers.
The RTL Accès 65 HORS POINTE pass is valid during off-peak hours, i.e., from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and from 6:30 p.m. until the end of service, as well as on weekends and statutory holidays.
Remember to renew your Accès 65 HORS POINTE pass every four months at Longueuil City Hall (during the times mentioned above) or at the Longueuil terminal ticket office.