Sound waste management contributes to improving the quality of our environment. In addition to reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills, recycling also reduces the cost of household waste collection.
Consult the page Residual materials for additional information about the pick-ups and treatment of residual materials.
2017 pick-ups calendars
For information about your sector, consult My online services.
Quebec Residual Materials Management Policy's Sectorial Objectives
Ville de Longueuil adheres to the Quebec Residual Materials Management Policy, on which the following principles are based:
The importance of 4R-D
The Policy's Sectorial Objectives
The following list shows, for each type of material, the objectives of the policy by the end of 2015:
- Bring to 700 kg per capita the amount of waste materials, a reduction of 110 kg per capita compared to 2008;
- Recycle 70% of paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and metal waste;
- Recycle 60% of putrescible organic matter;
- Recycle or recover 80% of residual concrete, brick and asphalt;
- Sort at the source or move to a recycling centre 70% of construction, renovation and demolition waste of the building segment.